Best MBA online schools the Latest rankings of the world’s
Today, QS Quacquarelli Symonds, a London-based firm that specializes in global higher education analysis, revealed its rankings of the finest online MBA programs in the world.
For the fourth year in a running, Spain’s IE Business School took first place, while programs at American institutions accounted for more than half of the top 57 programs.
The demand for online MBAs is still high, with several institutions reporting growth in applications over the last year. As the impacts of the coronavirus epidemic linger, prospective students appear to be placing an even higher value on programs that offer flexibility and convenience.
“Online MBA programs throughout the world were progressively reporting increased learner demand prior to the epidemic, and we predict that this spike in student interest will only accelerate in the present climate,” said Nunzio Quacquarelli, CEO of QS Quacquarelli Symonds.
Our findings will continue to help prospective students differentiate between the myriad options now available to them, using independent data and a methodology carefully crafted to capture the quality of the online learning experience, as more business schools seek to place their offerings in front of ever-increasing numbers of potential students.”
The Top Ten: Best MBA online schools
Here are the top ten online MBA programs, according to QS. The whole list is available here. There are 10 more programs featured in this year’s rankings than there were in 2020. The majority of the new shows are from the United States.
- IE Business School. (Madrid, Spain)
- Imperial College Business School (London, England)
- Warwick Business School (Coventry and London, England)
- Australian Graduate School of Management, University of New South Wales Business School (Sydney, Australia)
- Alliance Manchester Business School (Manchester, England)
- Politecnico di Milano School of Management (Milan, Italy)
- Indiana University (Kelley Direct Programs), (Bloomington, Indiana)
- University of Southern California (Marshall) (Los Angeles, California)
- Vlerick Business School (Ghent, Belgium)
- Florida International University (Miami, Florida)
These 11 American programs were also in the top 30:
- 15. University of Florida Warrington College of Business
- 16. Naveen Jindal of Mangement, University of Texas, Dallas
- 18. George Washington University
- 21. University of Maryland Robert H.Smith School of Business
- 22. American University Kogod School of Business
- 23. Colorado State University
- 24. North Carolina State University Poole School of Management
- 25. Syracuse University Whitman School of Management
- 27. Baylor University Hankamer School of Business
- 28. Lehigh University
- 30. University of Arizona Eller College of Management
To assess the quality of an online MBA program, QS utilizes the four weighted metrics below:
- Faculty and Teaching (35%) is divided into three categories: The program’s academic reputation (15%), as determined by a poll of academic experts; Ratio of full-time faculty to enrolled students (10%); Student Completion Rate (10 percent ).
- Employability (30%) is based on data from QS’s own QS Global Employer Survey, which polls over 44,000 hiring managers from a variety of businesses and sectors throughout the world. Employers who claim to have employed online MBAs expressly are given greater weight.
- Class Profile (30%) is divided into five sub-factors: Applicant/place ratio (5 percent, higher ratios indicate greater selectivity); Work experience (5 percent, more students in the cohort with work experience is better); Number of students enrolled (10 percent, larger is considered better); Number of students enrolled (10 percent, larger is considered better); Number of students enrolled (10 percent, larger is considered better); Number of students enrolled (10 percent, larger is considered better); Number of students enrolled (10 percent, larger is considered better); Number of students enrolled (10 percent, larger is considered Gender balance in enrolment is valued, thus the percentage of female students is valued at 5%. as well as the total number of countries represented (5 percent , higher scores for more diversity).
- Physical meetings, frequent synchronous courses, access to a learning app on a smartphone and/or tablet, and 24/7 tech assistance are all factors that contribute to Class Experience (5 percent).
The IE Business School tied for third place in Class Experience and got the highest marks of any program in two of the categories: Employability and Faculty and Teaching.
According to QS, 45 percent of IE Business School’s graduating cohort earned promotions one year after graduation, while 11 percent of its graduates launched their own businesses. The program accepted students from 54 different countries and had a 100 percent completion rate.
Indiana’s Online MBA was the highest-ranked program in the United States, with the best Class Experience measure and the greatest Employability results of any American online MBA program.
QS is regarded as one of the most authoritative rankings services for schools and universities throughout the world. The firm’s QS World University Rankings portfolio was launched in 2004, and its website, www.TopUniversities.com, was accessed 147 million times in 2020, according to the company.
In addition to its numerous rankings, QS also offers consultancy and analytic services to universities all around the world, as well as benchmarking data on various areas of institutional missions.