What Services Do Call Centers Provide?
From simple phone answering and forwarding to complicated customer service, call centers solutions a wide range of services.
Some contact centers can also reply to messages sent via social media or provide answers to queries posted in online chat rooms. The following are examples of services:
- Telephone answering services
- Emergency or disaster response
- Customer support or troubleshooting
- Order taking and subscription renewals
- Appointment scheduling
- Debt collection
How Do Call Centers Work?
Agents work at call centers, answering incoming calls from various firms. To fulfill client demands, each organization creates bespoke agent scripts and call flows. When calls come in, agents use their screens to follow scripts, look up business FAQs, and route calls to your team.
- After hours or on weekends, forward all inbound calls to live agents.
- Request overflow assistance, where operators only take calls if your staff are unavailable.
- Calls from specific extensions or phone numbers will only be forwarded.
- Calls from direct response campaigns should be directed to a call center.
When Is It Worth Using a Call Center?
Companies who do not wish to recruit and train agents to handle 24-hour shifts or acquire multiple technology to facilitate multi-line communication and cooperation might choose a contact center.
For example, if you run a television direct response campaign or debut a new product, your firm may be inundated with phone calls. Call center services can handle all or portion of those calls for you, and you’ll only be charged for the time you spend on them.
A call center is especially beneficial to businesses that provide seasonal services. Rather than laying off staff or sending calls to voicemail, you may pay a call center a fee during the busy season and then discontinue the service when business slows down.
How Much Do Call Centers Solutions Cost?
A monthly membership fee is usually charged for call centers solutions, which may include a specific amount of agent minutes.
Minute packages range from 50 to 10,000 minutes, with prices ranging from $0.89 to $1.75 per minute. However, you may get overflow packages for around $50 that don’t include minutes, allowing you to just pay for services when you need them.
Each-call pricing is available in some call centers, and costs vary depending on the services provided, ranging from $1 to $3 per call. For $5 an hour, you may outsource marketing and sales services, or for $20 to $80 per month, you can utilize automated systems to direct calls to your staff.
How Do I Choose the Right Call Center Services for My Small Business?
Examine your existing call volume to choose the best call center services. How many calls do you have that go to voicemail or are hung up on before your staff can respond? Do your clients require support outside of office hours? These call categories reflect potential revenue lost as a result of bad customer service.
Take a peek at the revenue potential now. Could call center services assist you in attracting and keeping customers? Would providing live voice or online chat support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week set your company apart from the competition?
How We Chose the Best Call Center Services
To discover the top call center services, we compared 5 companies. Pricing structures, levies, and general features were compared side by side in our evaluation.
We also took into account multilingual agents, 24-hour service, and call center locations. We also looked into sophisticated capabilities and use cases including outbound dialing, appointment scheduling, and multi-channel support.
You may outsource some or all of your client contacts using call center services. Calls can be forwarded to an existing number or a new phone number, and incoming communications are handled by your selected call center. Call centers, on the other hand, may make outbound calls, react to emails, and respond to text messages.
We looked at 22 companies to find the finest call center solutions. We looked at solutions for small and medium businesses to narrow down our options (SMEs).
We compared services based on numerous use scenarios to see which ones best met our requirements. We also looked at call center locations, modes of communication, and services provided.
We also took into account the total pricing and consumer feedback. This article compiles a list of the top call center solutions.
The Best Call Center Services for 2021
- Best Overall: Signius Communications
- Best for Marketing and Sales: GetCallers
- Best for Low-Volume Calls: MAP Communications
BEST OVERALL: Signius Communications
Affordable 24-hour coverage and a wide range of call center services to meet your company’s needs are available.
- Plans that are pay-as-you-go
- Client portal that is simple to use
- Support for email handling is available.
- There is no startup charge.
- High-volume calls can be costly.
- Incremental billing of 12 seconds
Since 1994, Signius Communications has provided small businesses with 100% U.S.-based service. Signius Communications offers the best overall call center services with low-cost monthly plans and multi-industry support.
Signius Communications can assist your business with day-to-day operations, emergency services, and overflow calls during peak hours.
There are 12 U.S. offices in nine states, assuring that your calls will be answered regardless of the situation. Additionally, bilingual call operators can help callers who are speaking Spanish or English. Each subscription includes a toll-free or local phone number, or you may use your current phone number to relay calls.
The following are examples of call center services:
- Customer service is important.
- Overflow or after-hours answering
- Desk of assistance
- generation of leads
- Backup in the event of a disaster
- Taking orders
- Receptionist on the internet
- Dispatch or paging services
Although Signius Communications specializes in medical communications and complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the firm also provides the following services:
- Management of real estate
- Companies that provide utilities
You may see your messages, call kinds, repeat calls, average call duration, and minute use using the web portal. There are three options available, and Signius Communications can work with you to create a bespoke plan if your company need additional minutes. The following are included in the call center packages:
- Starter plan: $45 per month for 50 minutes, plus $1 per minute above that.
- $109 per month for 125 minutes, plus $0.95 each minute after that
- $213 a month for 250 minutes, plus $0.92 every additional minute
BEST FOR MARKETING AND SALES: GetCallers
Partner with a firm that specializes in generating leads and closing sales to boost your income.
- Dedicated account manager
- Cancel anytime with three-days’ notice
- Live transfers
- Agents that exclusively work in English
- There is a $25 startup fee for each campaign.
- The majority of agents are not based in the United States.
GetCallers is a New York-based company that employs over 800 people in call centers in the Philippines. GetCallers is the obvious winner in our marketing and sales category, while offering a variety of services. Its major concentration is on lead generation and sales.
Although the program relies on agents in various places, you may choose your agents by listening to voice recordings and selecting a specialized team. You may use a local phone number or your company number for outgoing calls.
The marketing and sales platform interacts with a variety of customer relationship management (CRM) software, allows you to schedule calls, and records calls. It also complies with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). GetCallers offers a broad range of services, including:
- Virtual assistant
- Cold calling
- Appointment setting
- Lead generation
- Sales outsourcing
- Lead qualification
- Inbound call center services
- Customer feedback
- Market research
- Phone surveys
- Event marketing and follow-up
- Data collection
- English 30: $5.50 per hour for 30 hours a week
- English 35: $5.25 per hour for 35 hours a week
- English 40: $5 per hour for 40 hours a week
BEST FOR LOW-VOLUME CALL: SMAP Communications
Monthly subscriptions give you help when you need it without charging you more for things you don’t use.
- No credit card is required for the seven-day free trial.
- There are no contracts.
- Integrations with websites are possible.
- A 30-day cancellation notice is required.
- There is no app for mobile phones.
- You won’t be able to personalize your on-hold music.
MAP Communications has been partnering with small companies to deliver exceptional customer service for over 30 years. MAP Communications is a fantastic choice for low-volume calls because of its customizable low-volume contact center services and 24/7 operators who assist your organization wow callers.
The services are entirely located in the United States, and multilingual agents are available in both Spanish and English. For customer service, you can redirect calls or choose a new 800-number. You also have the option of receiving messages via your secure portal, email, SMS, digital, or alpha paging.
MAP Communications complies with HIPAA and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), allowing you to entrust confidential medical data and credit card information to our agents. MAP Communications offers a variety of services in addition to contact center services, including:
- Phone answering services
- Interactive voice response (IVR)
- Alarm monitoring services
- Live virtual receptionist
You may change your on-call rosters, check calls or orders, and find your peak calling hours using the company’s web dashboard. MAP Communications provides services to a variety of sectors, including:
- Property management
- Utility companies
During your free trial, you may choose which of the three call center plans is ideal for your company. The following services are included in the service packages:
- Standard: $39 per month with no calling minutes, plus $1.15 per minute
- Business: $149 per month for 125 minutes, plus $1.09 per extra minute
- Executive: $249 per month for 225 minutes, plus $1.07 per additional minute